2005-present: Professor, Mykolas Romeris University
JOURNAL AND EDITORIAL AFFILIATIONS
--European Journal of Developmental Psychology (editorial board member, 2003)
--European Psychologist (editorial board member since 2003)
--Social Work (in Lithuanian, editorial board member since 2004)
--Educational Psychology (in Lithuanian, editorial board member since 2004)
--International Journal of Psychology: Biopsychosocial Approach (since 2007)
European Psychologist, European Journal of Developmental Psychology, Personal Relationships (Journal of the International Association for Relationship Research), Social Work, Educational Psychology (in Lithuanian)
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS IN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
--European Society of Developmental Psychology. Member of ESDP Council
--European Association for Research on Adolescence (EARA). Member of EARA
--International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development (ISSBD). Coordinators of ISSBD Regional Office (Lithuania)
--Lithuanian Association of Psychologists, member of the LAP
--Society for Research on Adolescence (SRA)
--Member of the Mental Health, Law, and Policy Institute at Simon Fraser University, http://www.sfu.ca/~mhlpi/Members/
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
• Principal organizer of Nordic Baltic Summer Institute on Risk and protective factors in the development of antisocial behavior (together with Lars R. Bergman). June 7 - 13, 2001 Vilnius, Lithuania
• Principal organizer of Nordic-Baltic International Workshop on Survey methodology and statistics. November 7 - 10, 2002, Vilnius, Lithuania
• Principal organizer of Nordic-Baltic International Workshop on Positive Psychology and research methodology (together with Lars R. Bergman). Vilnius, Lithuania, October 23 - 26, 2003
• Principal organizer of Nordic Baltic International Workshop “Child and Adolescent Welfare: Assessment and Research Methodology” Vilnius, Lithuania, October 22 - 23, 2004
• Principal organizer (Conference Chair) of the XVth European Conference on Psychology and Law, Vilnius, Lithuania, June 29 - July 2, 2005.
• Principal organizer (Conference Chair) of the 12th Biennial Conference of the European Association for Research on Adolescence, 12 - 15 May, 2010, Vilnius, Lithuania, http://www.eara2010.eu/
• "Developmental significance of personal relationships" (chair, organizer). XXIX International Congress of Psychology, Berlin, Germany, 2009 20-25.
• ISSBD Regional Workshops: Perspectives from Eastern Europe and South America Zukauskiene R., Koller S. ISSBD meetings, Germany, 2009
PARTICIPATION IN PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS
1994: Baltic-Scandinavian Summer School on Life-Span Development, Pyhajarve, Estonia
1996: The research training at the Oregon Social Learning Center, USA (under the financial support of the Johann Jacobs Foundation)
1998: The research training at the Department of Psychology, Stockholm University, Sweden (under the financial support of the Svenska Institute, Sweden)
1999: Workshop on Suicide prevention, intervention, postvention at schools (by Antoon. A Leenaars), Vilnius, Lithuania
1999: Summer workshop on Advanced Methods in Social, Personality and Developmental Psychology, Jyväskylä, Findland
1999: Fellow of Session 366: Urban Youth, April 25-May 2, Salzburg Seminar, Austria
2000: ISSBD Beijing Preconference Workshop "Cultural and Life-Span Perspectives on Human Development", Beijing, China
SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
1996-1998: Leader and main grant holder of the research project "Aggressive Behavior in Childhood and Adolescence" (Research Support Scheme, Prague, RSS No. 128/1966)
1999-2000: Leader and main grant holder of the research project “Future goals and beliefs of potential at-risk youth in changing social system” (Young investigators grant from John Jacobs foundation)
1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003: Leader and main grant holder of the research projects on Development of Antisocial behavior in adolescence (Lithuanian Science Foundation)
2001: Principal organizer and main grants holder of Nordic-Baltic Summer Institute on Risk and protective factors in development of antisocial behavior, Vilnius, Lithuania
2001, 2002, 2003: Leader and main grants holder of the Network under support of Nordic Grant Scheme and NorFA
2002-2003: Leader and main grant holder of the research project on Implementation of gender equality as guarantee of women's career success in education, science and decision-making processes (UNESCO participation program 2002-2003)
2004: DAPHNE II 2004 project Sara travels (Spousal Assault Risk Assessment: Transferring Assessment of Violence in Europe and Locally Studying Stalking). Associazione Differenza Donna (ONLUS)
2005: DAPHNE II 2005 FEAR in IPV - Fatality European Assessement Review in Intimate Partner Violence. Department of Psychology, Second University of Naples, Italy, Partner organisation: Department of Psychology, Mykolas Romeris University, Vilnius, LITHUANIA. Coordinator: Rita Zukauskiene
2006: SIXTH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME PRIORITY 7. Citizens and Governance in a knowledge based society. PROMINSTAT (STREP). Promoting Comparative Quantitative Research in the Field of Migration and Integration in Europe. Proposal Nr. 028972
2008-2012 Cyberbullying: coping with negative and enhancing positive uses of new technologies, in relationships in educational settings. COST (EU) (MC member)
EXPERT IN INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
2004: EU, Priority 7: Citizens and Governance in the Knowledge-Based Society
2004-2005: EU project POLITIS "Civic Participation of Naturalised Citizens and Foreign Residents in 25 Countries"
2004: USA National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Causal Attribution
- Close Relationships
- Gender Psychology
- Intergroup Relations
- Internet and Virtual Psychology
- Interpersonal Processes
- Law and Public Policy
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Canter, D., & Zukauskiene, R. (Eds.). (2008). Psychology and law: Bridging the gap. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate.
- Laursen, B., & Zukauskiene R. (2007). Interpersonal development. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate.
- Daukantaitė, D., & Žukauskienė R. (2011). Optimism and subjective well-being: Affectivity plays a secondary role in the relationship between optimism and global life satisfaction in the middle-aged women. Longitudinal and cross-cultural findings. Journal of Happiness Studies.
- Daukantaite, D., & Zukauskiene, R. (2006). Swedish and Lithuanian employed women's subjective well-being. International Journal of Social Welfare, 2006, 15(1), 23-31.
- Erentaite, R., Beyers, W., Zukauskiene, R., & Pilkauskaite-Valickiene, R. (2012). Is news media related to civic engagement? The effects of interest in and discussions about the news media on current and future civic engagement of adolescents. Journal of Adolescence [Special Issue: "Political and Civic Engagement Development"].
- Erentaite, R., & Zukauskiene, R. (2012). Cross-contextual stability of bullying victimization: A person-oriented analysis of cyber and traditional bullying experiences among adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- Ivanova, M., Achenbach, T. M., Dumenci, L., Rescorla, L., Almqvist, F., & Bilenberg, N. et al. (2007). Testing the 8-syndrome structure of the Child Behavior Checklist in 30 societies. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 36(3), 405-417.
- Ivanova, M., Achenbach, T. M., Rescorla, L., Dumenci, L., Almqvist, F., & Batchiece, M. et al. (2007). Testing the teacher's report form syndromes in 20 societies. School Psychology Review, 36(3), 468-483.
- Ivanova, M., Achenbach, T. M., Rescorla, L., Dumenci, L., Almqvist, F., & Bilenberg, N. et al. (2007). The generalizability of the Youth Self-Report syndrome structure in 23 societies. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 75(5), 729-738.
- Malinauskienė, O., Vosylis, R., & Žukauskienė, R. (2011). Longitudinal examination of relationships between problem behaviors and academic achievement in young adolescents. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3rd World Conference on Educational Sciences, 15, 3415-3421.
- Pilkauskaitė Valickienė, R., Žukauskienė, R., & Raižiėnė, S. (2011). The role of attachment to school and open classroom climate for discussion on adolescents' school-related burnout. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3rd World Conference on Educational Sciences, 15, 637-641.
- Rescorla, L. A., Achenbach, T. M., Ivanova, M. I. , Dumenci, L., Almqvist, F., & Bilenberg, N. et al. (2007). Epidemiological comparisons of problems and positive qualities reported by adolescents in 24 countries. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 75(2), 351-358.
- Rescorla, L., Achenbach, T. M., Ginzburg, S., Ivanova, M., Dumenci, L. A., & Almqvist, F. et al. (2007). Consistency of teacher-reported problems for students in 21 countries. School Psychology Review, 36(1), 91-110.
- Rescorla, L., Achenbach, T. M., Ivanova, M., Dumenci, L. A., Almqvist, F., & Bilenberg, N. et al. (2007). Behavioral and emotional problems reported by parents of children ages 6 to 16 in 31 societies. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, 15(3), 130-142.
- Sondaite, J., & Zukauskiene, R. (2005). Adolescents' social strategies: Patterns and correlates. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 46, 367-374.
- Zukauskiene R., Ignataviciene K., & Daukantaite D. (2003). Subscales scores of the Lithuanian version of CBCL. Preliminary data on the emotional and behavioural problems in childhood and adolescence. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 12(3), 136-143.
- Zukauskiene, R., & Sondaite J. (2004). The Strategy and Attribution Questionnaire: Psychometric properties of a Lithuanian translation in an adolescent sample. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 45, 155-160.
- Žukauskienė R., Laurinavičius A., & Česnienė I. (2010). Testing factorial structure and validity of the PCL:SV in Lithuanian prison population. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioria, 1-10.
- Zukauskiene, R. (2007). Lithuania. In A. Triandafyllidou & R. Gropas (Eds.), Who are European immigrants? European immigration: A sourcebook. Aldershot, UK: Ashgate.
- Zukauskiene, R. (2006). Lithuania. In J. J. Arnett (Ed.), International Encyclopedia of Adolescence (pp. 591-608). New York: Routledge.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Criminal Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Psychology of Antisocial Behavior
- Research Methodology
Ateities str. 20
- Phone: +37052714620